Wednesday, June 08, 2005

mexican prison

ok, let me esplain. no, there is too much. i sum up . . .

somehow i was suggested as a person who would help the MDA raise funds for kids with muscular dystrophy and the like. so the scheme is i go to a mock jail - put on a striped suite and everything - at carlos o'kelly's (a mexican/american restaurant)for an hour. they take my pic, throw some chips and salsa at me, and a handicapped kid gets to go to camp (if i make bail). volunteer "deputies" are coming to my office to arrest me, handcuffs and all. i plan to make as big a scene as possible. maybe even have someone take some pics, too. there's more info on the i need bail link if you scroll down to the bottom.

so far i've raised a whopping $25 which at least lets the kid see a glossy brochure of the aforementioned camp and will probably keep me in mexican prison for quite some time. so please donate. i promise to post pics of the whole thing when i get out. and, i'm not joking, i'm gonna find the sucka who turned me in.

of course, this is scheduled for july 13th. we should be getting pics of Joy in the next week or three. i may forget they are coming to take me away (ha ha) all together . . .

4 Comments:

At Wed Jun 08, 01:58:00 PM PDT, Blogger Clay said...

So the first thing you have in common with Russel Crowe is what?

Thanks that makes more sense now about the "jail thing." So do you actually go to prison for an evening or is it all gag?

Luv,
Clay

 
At Wed Jun 08, 05:08:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JOY! I cannot wait... I am debating weather or not I should just sleep on your porch step for the next month... just so I can be the 4th to see her (after you, Amy, & Issac ;) ) ... guess who will be in Arizona while you are in jail? Someone better take pics... I cannot believe I'm gonna miss this!

 
At Thu Jun 09, 07:45:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that pic of damien is hilarious! very timely use of a photo, dude! hey! i hope you're not in jail for too long! amy

 
At Thu Jun 09, 04:06:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how exciting- a post from "the missis"... your blog is hot stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home