Monday, April 18, 2005

Full Weekend - Refer Madness

It was a full weekend. You've already read how I was an unwitting accomplice at the poetry festival. This colored the rest of the weekend because every time I heard sirens I ducked for cover or tried to play it cool. Sometimes I tried both but that rarely worked. Good thing Hays doesn't have that many sirens.

Saturday I spent most of the evening volunteering to help World Vision sign up child sponsors at a concert. I got to meet a really great guy in Ben Greene, the full time WV staff person who tours with these folks. I'm hopeful we manage to have a lasting friendship. From there I ended up spending some extra time praying with good friends - always a favorite pastime. On the way home from there, though, at midnight we happened upon two completely naked people attempting sex in their front yard. Of course, it may not have been their front yard, anyone doing such things most likely has little idea of where their house is at that time. We were so shocked at this we just left.

Sunday was also full with the regularly scheduled program. I did get to spend some great time with a couple I hope to marry this summer. She is here in Hays, he in Florida. I only hope to marry them because I may be in China on the day of the wedding. As she left, another friend came by with a possible new beau, and as they left one of our regulars came over - she signs her comments thus: :) and while she was there, helping us in the yard no less, another great friend came by (I think he reads the blog occasionally but has yet to comment). We all supped together and had a grand time. The wife ended up going into work, being that she was on call, and the boy and I eventually found our ways to our beds. First we, being short term bachelors, watched some TV together - but then it was straight to bed.

The boy passed out quickly. I started reading a book about the Noon Prayer Meetings in NYC way back in 1857. Didn't get very far but was interesting still.

In other news - the boards are indicating that Ireland and the Netherlands are getting their referrals as we speak. They should hit the states today or tomorrow? With that we'll start to figure out if we get our first glimpse of Baby Joy next month or June.

5 Comments:

At Mon Apr 18, 10:08:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that guy who stopped by, the one who reads your blog and doesn't comment, i think he should start leaving comments on EVERY blog he reads

 
At Mon Apr 18, 03:56:00 PM PDT, Blogger Clay said...

You know if theres people having yard-sex in Hays just imagine what is happening elsewhere. These are sick times we live in Mr. G sick times indeed.
So on a happier note, how'd you like the poem? I was going for the whole death and damnation theme seeing how you like it so much, I left the nudity/ explicit sex out for Isaac's sake, kids grow up fast enough without their father's friends corrupting them!
luv,
An earthy material that is plastic when moist but hard when fired, that is composed mainly of fine particles of hydrous aluminum silicates and other minerals, and that is used for brick, tile, and pottery (Webster Online)

 
At Mon Apr 18, 08:42:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just couldn't join the blogger world... I don't write like you people! This regular sounds like a nice girl, hence the :) signature... yard sex=scary but the referrels=excitement. I just can't wait till your precious daughter is home! Thanks for suppend

 
At Tue Apr 19, 11:56:00 AM PDT, Blogger jake said...

i like the annotated version of your sig, clay. clever. expect a return poetic barrage soon.

and, yeah, smiley is a nice gal. me thinks she doth protest too much. blogging would suite her well.

 
At Tue Apr 19, 02:37:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha I have an open diary... it fits my personality better. Sounds like something a freshman in college whos favorite color is pink would do, eh? Besides, I'm serious, I don't write smart like you people!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home